My 8 favourite (better choice) snack bars
Sometimes we don't get time to prepare our snacks in advance or we just can't be bothered, other times we are out and about and need to grab something on the run.
But if you're not a label reader and can't decipher between what's good, bad, clean, unclean, highly processed, high in calories, low in calories, high in sugar, good for you, bad for you etc.. you might get a teeny bit confused.
I'm here to help. Lucky for you I am an avid able reader, it's worrying how much I enjoy it and how much I drive my husband crazy to the point where we can't shop together.
So here is my list of my favourite quick grab and (mostly) easy to find snack bars.
1. Kind Bars. My particular favourite is the dark chocolate and sea salt flavour.
Found in: Tesco, Sainsbury, Waitrose.. most stores these days.
2. Quest Bars. Favourite flavours are S'Mores and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
Found in: Some Holland & Barrettes, Vitality Health Stores and other independent health stores. Becoming more widely available.
3. Grenade Carb Killa Bars. My favourite flavours are caramel chaos and white chocolate crunch.
Found in: Holland & Barratt, some Tescos.
4. Nakd Bars. I like Cocoa Mint and Ginger Bread. These aren't a top choice of mine simply because they are high in sugar even if from natural sources and the calories are high for such a small bar.
Found in: Most shops, very easy to find.
5. Nakd Nibbles. Salted caramel and Toffee are pretty damn tasty. Same as above though, high sugar and calories for such a small snack.
Found in: A lot of stores, not as widely available as Nakd Bars.
6. Bounce Balls. I like the peanut, coconut and cacao flavours.
Found in: Quite a lot of shops, easy to find.
7. Oh Yeah! Low Carb Bar. Not so easily available as it's an American protein bar but if you do find it is just as good as Quest and Grenade protein bars. I've had the birthday cake flavour and it was pretty awesome.
Found in: The one shop I know that stocks them is Thrive news agency at Westfield London.
8. MusclePharm Combat Crunch. Just like the Oh Yeah! bars these ones aren't easy to find but they definitely make my list because they are huge for the same amount of calories as the other low carb protein bars. And if you know me you know I like my volume foods!
Found in: Same shop as Oh Yeah! bars, the little news agency at Westfield London.